Ground Fighting Seminar 1 – 2016
The Association of Kenpo Martial Artists (AKMA) hosted a Ground Fighting Seminar on August 6, 2016, led by Shihan Marcello Aguinid and Sempai Carlo Sayegh.
Sempai Sayegh discussed and demonstrated a number of techniques, including fighting stances, takedowns, and a variety of defenses from a mounted position.
Participants were able to learn and practice stretches, strikes and traps from the ground throughout the three-hour seminar. Although Kenpo is thought of as a stand-up striking art, ground fighting can be an essential part of defense in a real world fight.
Some of the topics discussed included:
1) Q & A: Concerns and Fears about Ground Fighting
2) Demos: Real Ground Fighting vs. Sport vs. Fake
3) Warm Ups and Stretches
- Worm crawls
- Shoulder butt crawls
- Rear fall cradle kicks
- Forward fall rear kicks
- Rotating cradle kicks
- Falling – Front and Back
- Stances – Sitting, Crouching, One Knee
- Sitting stance – Strikes/Blocks/Kicks/Traps
- Crouching stance – Strikes/Blocks/Kicks/Traps
- One Knee Stance – Strikes/Blocks/Kicks/Traps
6) Take Downs from the ground
- Single Attacker/ Multi Attacker